Please Allow Me to Introduce

I’m still wandering through the #31DBBB project that OurChurch.com has running and today’s task is to effectively introduce you to one of my readers.

I can think of nobody better than a fellow blogger – Greg Simmons.

Greg Simmons

Greg has been a loyal reader and commenter at my site almost since it’s inception.

It may be that he’s also a fellow geek (though he’s a self-confessed one and I’ve been labelled one by friends & family) or that he works in the same industry as myself or any number of reasons.

Also, in a similar vein to me he has served his local church for over 20yrs and most of that in some technical capacity.

It may be that my affinity to Greg is to do with the fact that he’s a fan of coffee and getting away to unique locations rather than re-visiting the same old same old.

Greg is also one of my fellow writers at ChurchTechMatters.com.

Whatever the reasons, Greg has made valid and valuable comments to many of my posts that not only enhance the subject but take it in a direction I hadn’t previously considered.

However, right now I feel it is very appropriate to bring Greg to your attention as he is very shortly going to be heading off on a foreign mission. I’ve been on some of these (and hope to again) so I get some of what he’s feeling and going through.

Right now Greg and the rest of the team are in the less than 10 days to go zone and he even has a countdown on his site showing how long is left. They are off to Romania on June 10th and whilst most of their physical and practical needs are already taken care of they would still value your prayers and any donations you can make.

Here’s a little list:

• That their ‘individual testimonies’ are powerful tools
  • That flights and journeys go smoothly and without problems.
  • Funding – for individuals and the end aim of the mission trip.
  • That all paperwork is in order.
  • That God gets the glory.

And I’m sure if you ask Greg he’ll happily add any specific requests.

Greg’s personal website is an eclectic mix of everything from technical thoughts to spiritual challenges to ministry opportunities.

Please allow me to thoroughly recommend Greg and TheBetaVersion.org.

16 Responses to “Please Allow Me to Introduce”

1. June 1, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks Stuart. :-)

And a huge thanks for mentioning our upcoming trip to Romania. Prayers are definitely appreciated. We will be conducting medical clinics serving close to 1100 people in a just a few days. Pray that the doctors and volunteer staff are able to keep things moving smoothly and, as you mentioned, that all of our paperwork – especially for medicines – is in order.

Thanks again.
    My recent post Remember

• June 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

Greg – you know I'm supporting you in my own little ways and anything I can do to help that along is all good.

Oh, and when you get back maybe you could guest post on something technical to do with the trip?

2. June 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

Enjoyed getting to know Greg. Do you know each other personally? Or did you meet from blogging?

I appreciate that you both blog on the techy side of things, for those of us who are tech impaired.

• June 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

I've never met Greg yet to my knowledge – so purely from blogging is teh short answer.

He's based in America and myself in the UK and whilst I've never been to America I can't vouch for everywhere that Greg has been. Though in 8 days he's certainly going to be much closer than he is currently.

3. June 1, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

Greg, God bless you in your trip. I know that God is gonna use you to change someones life.

The thing about serving God is that it is always tough at some point, and worth every minute of it.

• June 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

Absolutely – it is tough serving God in whatever way we do it.

Thanks for dropping by Kevin and I hope you drop by Greg's blog as well.

4. June 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm #

I love how you introduced and talked about Greg Stuart. Thinking that I want to do something like this on my blog now. Thank you for introducing us to Greg.

• June 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

My pleasure. Apologies for late reply but it's bene half term here in mostly briliant sunshine so we've been away! Yay.

5. June 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

Cool post, Stuart. You have inspired me. It's so great to learn about another brother out there in our big, big, wonderful family. :)

Off to check out his site . . .

Blessings, Cindy

6. June 1, 2010 at 5:27 pm #

Oops! Got a 404 page not found when I clicked on the link?
    My recent post So Who Needs Religion, Anyway?

7. June 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

Uh . . . okay — not sure where that last line came from. I didn't type it, at least not here. I think I may be allergic to technology.
    My recent post So Who Needs Religion, Anyway?

• June 6, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

So long as you got to where you wanted to go in the end then all is copasetic (one of my favourite words that).

8. June 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Wandering! Great word. Like… through a major MAZE. :) (I'm a little tired and am looking forward to the upcoming end of the project. Thinking about doing a 30 days of stress reduction series after this. No, seriously! :)

• June 6, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

Agreed – some of the days have been a "What the" with some being "well ok if I must" type reaction whilst others I've dived in with great relish.

All in all wandering is about the most accurate way to sum it up.

9. April 18, 2013 at 6:44 am #

Great to see this article. This article is inspired me very much. God is the person can change anyones life.

Blessings.
    Fausel

10. June 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Not so this past week – my tan is coming on nicely.

Oh, you meant my post – thanks :)