Windows 7 nLite?

windows 7 logoIn the days of old when the O/S of choice for most day to day stuff was XP the only real challenge (for me at least) was twofold.  How to reduce the initial install size and how to automate as much of the mundane tasks as possible.

Then nlite appeared on the market and this allowed for taking an original XP install CD and integrating service packs, security patches, tweaks, etc and effectively automated the process of (re)installing XP. And as most know, this was a semi-regular event in the owner of a windows based PC.

Whilst nlite went on to release vlite for Vista this tool doesn’t work flawlessly with Windows 7 and there are only vague rumours of a proper Win7, it still leaves a gap in the market. That gap has now been, ably so it would appear, taken up by RTSe7enLite.

In their words:

You can add wallpapers, Icons, themes, integrate updates, drivers, remove components, unattended installation settings, tweaks, bootable ISO creator, etc.

I can see a usage – maybe you can too?

13 Responses to “Windows 7 nLite?”

1. Brad
    January 14, 2011 at 6:29 am #

2. iulian
    May 30, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

nice

3. Chris Denny
    June 25, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

I have used Nlite as well as Vlite for our IT applications here at my job. Both are great and allow for slim installed for optimum performance. I use these on a regular and have burned ISO's of custom images. Great tool!

• July 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Absolutely top tool. I'm so happy there are talented folks out there making tools lik ethis to ease our burdens.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Chris.

4. site
    August 12, 2013 at 6:17 am #

Great info. Lucky me I found your website by accident

(stumbleupon). I have book marked it for later!

• August 12, 2013 at 7:33 am #

You are welcome – this post has been by far and away my most popular yet it was posted more or less as a throw away bit of info. Odd, but there ya go.

5. kurtisdewitt
    August 12, 2013 at 11:10 am #

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

• August 12, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Absolutely I'd be more than happy for that to happen.

And if you or they have any suggestions for topics for me to write about then please just use my contact me page to let me know.

6. 2013 ??????????? ???
    November 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

I’ll immediately seize your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or

newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me recognize

in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

• November 12, 2013 at 8:23 am #

Sorry – no subscription service. This is all done for free in my own time as I get no sponsorship.
      Thanks for visiting.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Windows 7 nLite? -- Topsy.com - April 13, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Stuart Dyckhoff. Stuart Dyckhoff said: SIGH – URL was wrong: Automate, tweak, remove apps, etc from your install of Windows 7 using RTSe7enLite: details here: http://bit.ly/aI8Ij9 […]

2. Tweets that mention Church Techy -- Topsy.com - April 13, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Stuart Dyckhoff. Stuart Dyckhoff said: Automate, tweak, remove apps, etc from your install of Windows 7 using RTSe7enLite: details here: http://bit.ly/aPuAUp […]

3. Reflections - June 15, 2010

[…] Amazingly, by far and away my most popular post in terms of SEO is my brief spiel about nlite for Windows 7. […]